9.23.2009

H1N1 (Swine) Flu Shots

Parents just received word today that the School District of Philadelphia and the Philadelphia Department of Public Health will be administering the H1N1 (Swine) Flu vaccine free in every public school in Philadelphia. The vaccinations will be voluntary, not mandatory.

The vaccine will most likely be in October and parents will be notified beforehand. Parents will be asked to sign a consent form in order for their child(ren) to receive the vaccine.

I'll post more info as it becomes available.

2 comments:

  1. Since my children have asthma they are not allowed to get the mist the schools are giving. Since their classmates are getting the mist, is their a chance my children can get the flu from the other children getting the "live" mist?

    Thank you,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Washington High School has denied my children to recieve the H1N1 vaccine because they both have an allergy to an antibotic. Their doctors are outraged and said that has nothing to do with the H1N1 vaccine. I cannot get the vaccine for them because their doctors don't have it. I guess their stuck.

    ReplyDelete